Monday, January 19, 2015

What I'd do for others

"Life's persistent and urgent question is, 'what are you doing for others?'"-Martin Luther King Jr.

Since it's Martin Luther King day and I liked this quote because it made me think of what I'd like to do for others. On the fun side, if had unlimited resources and money, and time here are some things I'd do for others:

1-I'd pay college tuition to everyone who wanted to go (granted it would be a scholarship so people would work hard to get a degree.) I think education is one of the best things-it's helped me to go farther in life and to get where I want to be.
1A-I'd help kids go to the schools, elementary, middle and high schools they want to go to.
2-I'd work with the Grameen Bank Foundation start more Grameen banks in impoverished places-Grameen banks are banks that give out small loans to groups of people in impoverished areas without collateral. The people in the group receiving the loan have to pay the loan back with what they earn from what they used from the loan money. (Example-if a group used the grant to start planting radishes then the people would pay the grant back with the money earned from selling the radishes.) I like the idea of giving people the ability to help themselves. It's nice to be able to work and have the satisfaction of earning something for working hard. (http://www.grameenfoundation.org).
3-I'd help people travel for fun, (just 1 trip) whether it means may taking them or just paying for some of it so they could go. People should see the world outside of where they live.
4-I'd write letters to everyone who wanted one just because I think it's nice to get something in the mail.
5-I'd send one holiday gift to every kid because..... holidays just seem better that way.
6-I'd build/fund/make more public transportation and I'd subsidize it for people that are low income. People should be able to get where they want to get.
7-I'd give every town (no matter how small) a grocery store with lots of food that's good for you (and of course trail mix.)
8-I'd give more funding for organizations that help people dress for success (get something nice to wear for job interviews.)
9-I'd give every family or single person a pet (and help pay for the pet's upkeep) because they're fun and they are nice to have around.
10-I'd find some way to get music to everyone whether it's buying everyone an iPod or something else, I love music!

No comments:

Post a Comment