Friday, January 16, 2015

What I'd want in a post apocalyptic world

I just finished reading Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham which is a book about a post-apocolyptic world where society basically collapses due to the majority of the world's population going blind and then being attacked by giant man-eating plants. Somehow it got me thinking about what I'd want to have with me if I intended to find happiness in a post apocalyptic world. Here are some of them:

  • I'd want my family and friends around me, no matter what.
  • I'd want a kettle, teapot, and a fresh water supply (everything is made better with a cup of tea!)
  • A good store of books-for when fighting off giant plants gets boring.
  • A log cabin- I read the Little House on the Prairie series as a younger kid (the main character grows up in a log cabin and somehow the idea of it always seemed appealing to me.) Heck, if I didn't fear cutting off my own hand with a saw, I might even build a cabin myself! 
  • A good hat to keep out the sun and an umbrella that never blows inside out.
  • A good supply of nuts, chocolate and raisins so I can make my own trail mix-and perhaps a supply of multi-vitamins-if they still exist (to survive on if all else fails of course.) 
  • Something that plays music-I can't do without music-even if the world is ending.
  • Many pens just so I can keep writing as much as possible. 
  • A bicycle (along with a bike chain that no one else can open-If I have to I'll make one of those chains someday)-bikes are good for getting places and if there's no gasoline left in the world it might not be a bad thing to have. 
  • A nice bed to sleep in at night-I just like the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment