Saturday, January 24, 2015

Why I'm Glad

Today I felt particularly glad
For no extra special reason
Jus the reason I want to be glad
Because it feels so damn good

I find I'm glad that I can lie in my bed longer
Without too much guilt because it's Saturday
I'm glad my bed with all its blankets is warm and soft
And that I can snuggle in it after a long day when I'm tired

I'm glad I have a lovely family and equally lovely friends
That I can work and work with people I care about
I'm glad I can feel that my work matters and can help people
I'm glad that it makes me feel fulfilled

I'm glad I can write and keep things like this blog going
I'm glad I can hug people and spread whatever love I have
I'm glad I can feel like Pollyanna who only ever was glad
It just feels good to be happy that way

However silly or negative things might feel
As long as I can feel happy about something
I know things will be ok
My life is better that way

No comments:

Post a Comment