Saturday, March 28, 2015

Born this way...


I was thinking of the song Born This Way by Lady Gaga today not realizing that today is her birthday. Anyway, I was thinking about it because I was invited to attend a conference for young women with disabilities. The even comes at the end of a mentoring program known as the THRIVE program that Easter Seals of Massachusetts has held for 3 years thus far. The program is all about empowering women who have disabilities. Somehow when I think of the women at the conference (and people in general, for that matter) it reminds me of part of the lyrics from "Born This Way": "My Mama told me when I was young, we're all born superstars." To me the women in the THRIVE program are superstars. They're people I admire for their strength, humor, drive, intelligence, and style! (One woman in a motorized wheelchair wore the most amazing high heeled shoes!) I was a mentor last year and it was really fun. If you want information about the program follow this link: http://www.easterseals.com/thrive/.  I love THRIVE because THRIVE mentors and mentees rock!




This is a picture from last year's conference. For more pictures from this year's event check back on the website mentioned above.





No comments:

Post a Comment