Sunday, May 24, 2015

Life is more fun with friends

"So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good."-Helen Keller
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes_of_the_day.html#rBbfR4BSyAJ4FHyZ.99

I love my friends and I think that experiences in my life have been a lot more fun because I've had awesome friends to do things with. Here are some of the fun times I've had that have been made that much better.
  • Giving hugs to random strangers is so much better (and possibly safer) when friends do the event with you. I always had a group of friends with me when I did those events and I think I kept doing them because I and my friends were really into it and we had more fun as a result! 
  • Once I had to go to the ER and my friends came with me. To make me laugh and cheer me up one of my friends grabbed a bed pan plonked it on her head and started singing to me in Spanish. I laughed so hard. The kicker was that later that year we both went to a Christmas party and she brought a big box which everyone of course wanted (because people like big boxes) lo and behold, in the box was... the bedpan!
  • My friends helped me get more creative by introducing me to foods like chicken feet. I went out to dinner with some of my friends to a dim sum restaurant. ("Dim sum" is a bit like a buffet dinner except that waiters walk around with trays and you pick what you like from them. The food ranges from Chinese dumplings to vegetables, to...chicken feet.) My friends put what looked like a very bony chicken wing in front of me and suggested I try it. Which I did, I have to say it was really just like a chicken wing with a lot of bones and not so much meat. It wasn't half bad though. I've since adopted the philosophy that as long as the food tastes good and is healthy for you, I don't really need to know what it is. 
  • I love going to the movies with friends. Once my friend and I went to see a movie in the theater and after thinking it was really boring and didn't want to waste the tickets we paid for we snuck into another movie. I thinking watching the second movie was more fun because I felt sneaky about it and I wouldn't have snuck in without my friend!
  • Traveling is more fun with friends. I went to Spain with my sister and one of my friends who was studying abroad in Portugal and came to visit us. We went all around Madrid and had a great time. Then because my friend needed a place to stay the night we pushed the hotel beds together so we could all fit as we only had 2 single beds. Why we thought the process of pushing the beds together was so funny I don't know but we laughed a lot! 



No comments:

Post a Comment