Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Favorite Radio Programs

The radio was patented today in 1897 and this got me thinking about radio programs that I think are funny. As I grew up listening to National Public Radio it seems logical that some of my favorite radio programs come from that station. Here are a few of them:


  • Wait Wait Don't Tell Me-It's a funny and generally entertaining quiz show where various celebrities get asked questions about the week's events and random things as well. It airs on Saturdays.
  • Car Talk-it's only on reruns now but it's a show where people used to call in to get advice about car problems.  Although the commentators do give out sound advice, they do it with a lot of humor and laughter which really is what makes the show fun.
  • My Word-it's actually an old British radio program that I think sometimes still airs on some Public Radio stations. It's a bit like Wait Wait Don't Tell Me but the focus of this quiz show is on words. The panelists on the show have to figure out the meanings of obscure words and phrases and then at the end they have to make a story using a phrase they were given at the beginning of the show. The stories they come up with are pretty funny I must say. Plus. I like the fact that the stories are rated based on how much they make the audience clap.



No comments:

Post a Comment