Sunday, June 28, 2015

Merengue Restaurant

I've never eaten Dominican food before today and as one of my friends who's staying with me is from the Dominican Republic she took me to a Dominican restaurant in Dorchester, MA called Meringue. I  think that aside from peas, I'm pretty much up for eating most things and so I tried a dish called   mofongo. It's basically mashed up plantains with pork or chicken inside. I had it with salad and I did quite like it. Along with that my friend and I shared a dessert called tres leches which was also really good. I found out from my friend that tres leches is made using condensed and evaporated milk and some sort of cake. It was very good as well. I like how food is something that can be shared and that we laughed and talked and had a lot of fun.  Today confirmed to me why eating together makes life so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment