Thursday, June 11, 2015

Summer movies

As it's summer I got to thinking about "summer movies" which (at least in my experience) are typically action/adventure or comedies. I think it's funny how critics usually give summer movies bad reviews-yes I realize they're not great but then again I think that people go to such movies to 1-get into an air conditioned space on a very hot day, 2-make out with someone with an "epic" soundtrack to set the mood, 3-to simply watch an action movie that doesn't take a lot of thought process to understand. This all got me thinking about movies that I've seen that could be classified as summer movies and which ones I actually did like.  Here are some:

  • John Carter-Just because I liked the leading man. Plus I liked that alien thing that acted like a puppy dog-I thought it was sweet and I liked the movie's soundtrack. That's pretty much enough for me.
  • Armageddon-I realize it's about the end of the world but I like that Bruce Willis saved the day for some reason.
  • Magic Mike-Ahh Channing Tatum-no substance to the movie but Channing Tatum makes up for it!
  • Despicable Me 2-One word: MINIONS! (watch the movie and you'll understand!)
  • Toy Story 3-I love the part where the character Buzz Lightyear speaks in Spanish-it's just super funny to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment