Friday, July 17, 2015

Melrose Food Festival

Today when I was coming home from work the bus was made to stop because the road was blocked off and when I looked to see what it was all about I found out that it was a food festival! (I'm sure it was called something more sophisticated but I never found out the actual title of the event.) Anyway, this event involved various restaurants in Melrose, MA placing booths outside their establishments and selling small meals (e.g. slices of pizza, drinks, Chinese food, etc) all along the main roadway. Plus there was a band and a person playing bagpipes, it was really fun. I've always liked festivals and how they bring people together and because they've always seemed organic to me. This one was a lovely surprise and it brightened my day! Plus it gave me a chance to eat an egg roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment