Sunday, August 9, 2015

Fun Sunday!

Today was really fun,  I held a brunch potluck and invited some friends over to my apartment. It was nice to sit outside and eat and talk and laugh. I made pancakes from scratch using my Dad's recipe.  Then in the afternoon I went with the Lake Quannapowitt Walking Club to Breakheart Reservation in Saugus, MA in the afternoon. Breakheart Reservation is beautiful with lots of trails and a beach beside a lake. I also like the fact that there were honeysuckle flowers along the route where we walked. It reminded me a lot of home. I grew up on a farm and even though we don't necessarily grow honeysuckle I like being out in nature and the smell of flowers reminds me of home as my Mum has a couple of flower gardens. In short, today I felt at home in every sense as I was able to enjoy nature and be with people I love. Home is where my heart is and my home is wherever the people I love most are. That's why today was a good day for me because I felt at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment