Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Maggie's Votes!

Today in 1920 the US Senate ratified the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote. In that spirit, I got to thinking about things I'd vote for if they ever came up for some sort of election. Here are a few:


  • National mascot-a Minion! (They're, sweet, yellow and diabolically awesome!) 
  • National car-Volkswagen Beetle (Yes I know it's made by a foreign company but they're sweet and they have flowers in them-or at least at one time I saw that car dealers were putting flowers on the dashboards of the cars which was strangely exciting to me.) 
  • National comedian-We have national poets so I think we should have someone to make people laugh, nationally! (Chris Tucker, Wanda Sykes, Ellen DeGeneres, or maybe Jon Stewart, come to mind.)
  • I think the US should institute a daily nap time/down time for maybe an hour each day, just to give people a designated time to chill out. (Yes, I know people chill out after work, to me it just sounds nicer if there's a set time for it.)
  • National Song-not to replace the national anthem of course-just something a little less formal. I'd go for "Happy" by Pharrell Williams but I think  "American Pie" by Don McLean might be more appropriate somehow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment