Sunday, August 23, 2015

Once a Year A Day!

The composer Richard Adler was born today in 1921 and he wrote this lovely song called Once  A Year A Day for this musical called the Pajama Game. I like the song because it's all about picking once a day every year to just go wild! (Not that you can't go wild all the time, it's just that I think it's nice to have a designated day to look forward to!) I've had such a day when I gave hugs to people on my birthday for the first time in 2010. It was something I hadn't done before and it felt wild at the time, which was a strangely liberating feeling.  I don't know when my next Once A Year A Day will be but I'm working on trying to figure out something zany to do on that day! Anyway,  you can watch the clip of the song below. I hope everyone gets to have a Once A Year A Day, just because they're fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment