Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My experiences with cars

Ford motor company came out with the first Model T car today in 1908. I've found that although I've never owned a car, they still have sentimental value to me. Here are some reasons why:

* Since my Dad worked for McLaren Automotive in college he's always liked cars and so we went to quite a few car shows and some races when I was younger. They were a lot of fun. 
*My Dad would take me and my siblings out riding in an old MG car which he'd fixed up. He'd always seemed to drive fast but I always felt safe safe regardless. It did feel like we were flying sometimes, which is what I liked best.
*My Mum is champion of long car trips. When we were younger she drove my siblings and me on trips to Washington DC and Florida. Somehow even if the road trips were long she made them fun by having a good stock of books on tape, games, and of course a willingness to stop at every single Waffle House between Michigan and Florida as I guess my brother, sister, and I went through a phase where we were rather obsessed with Waffle Houses!
*I've always liked Volkswagen Beetles and one day I'd like to rent out just such a car grab a friend and go on a joyride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment