Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A tribute to my phone's Google Maps app

As I have no sense of direction, I rely on my phone's Google maps app for (probably far too many) directions. I realize it's come to a point where, at times when I don't know where I'm going (ok that's a frequent occurrence but I digress,) I can sometimes end up walking down random streets looking desperately at my phone to figure out where the little dot that represents me is on the Google Maps app actually is. I also frequently wonder if it is actually pointing the right way and why it's telling me to do a (il) legal u-turn. However, somehow I have always managed to get to my destination in one piece. Yes, it might have taken me longer than the 20 minutes that the Google Maps app said it should take and yes, I may not have ended up actually looking at street signs (instead choosing to focus solely on watching the dot that is me on the app). However, like I said, I still do get there in the end and that's what counts! So yes, my life is partially ruled by Google and I do love Google Maps as I literally don't know where I'd be without it!


No comments:

Post a Comment