Monday, November 9, 2015

Joy in understanding!

"The brain is like a muscle. When it is in use we feel very good. Understanding is joyous."-Carl Sagan

My whole life I've always asked questions
Too many sometimes, but I asked them anyway
I find joy in trying to understand things 
Especially because very few things stay the same.

I learned a second language so I could understand people better
Being a decent listener has also served to bring me closer to people
I find joy in helping others work out their problems,  just because
It's one way to show my love for them and I love many people quite a lot

I feel happiest when I'm using my brain to do something good 
Especially if that something good helps someone else
Because acting together, my brain and heart serve to love people
While that may not solve all problems, I figure it's a joyous start!

No comments:

Post a Comment