Thursday, November 26, 2015

Things to be thankful for

As in the US it's a day to be thankful
I want to say that as per tradition I'm thankful 
For everyone in my life because I love them
I'm grateful for having the things I need
And that I'm able to do as I please

I'm also thankful for edible things 
Like pecan pie and ice cream, and turkey, mash potatoes, and green beans 
(And the fact that for one day a year
I don't care about how much I eat.) 
I'm happy feeling replete! 

I'm also thankful for Trivial Pursuit
As it's something I can do with my family 
Just to increase our knowledge of odd facts
So we can all repeat them to each other 
If conversation lags 

Finally, I want to thank the powers that be
For making holidays very happy ones for me
Because they are times when my family is all together
And life seems better that way 
So I have a lot to be thankful for, regardless of whether it's Thanksgiving Day

No comments:

Post a Comment