Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Caroling

The other day I went caroling with a group of people and we visited the house of an elderly lady who goes to my church and recently had major surgery. We sang a series of Christmas songs for her and it was lovely because she seemed so happy listening to us. It was really nice to see so directly how music can make people feel so happy. It really did feel like medicine because it was upliftting.  The woman we sang for couldn't stop smiling and I think everyone had a lot of fun. Overall it showed me another example of how music is best shared and has its own unique way of spreading joy and love. In that spirit, if you live in Boston and like basketball, I thought a clip of the Celtics singing Christmas carols to people in hospital. It did my spirit some good!


No comments:

Post a Comment