Friday, December 18, 2015

I always wanted to fly like E.T.

I love the movie E.T. the Extra Terrestrial. (For those who haven't seen it, it's about an alien who comes to earth and befriends a little boy while trying to find his way back to his planet.)  After watching ET as a kid:

  • I really wanted to have a at least one ride on a bicycle that could fly. It just looked so wicked cool!
  • I gained a new appreciation for Reece's Pieces, after all even aliens like it apparently.
  • I liked how E.T. could heal any wound with one touch. Seeing it almost made me want to become a doctor (that is, until I realized I might have to cut into people.) 
  • When I listen to music from that movie, even today, it helps me feel brave in times of need.
  • I learned that I was really glad that I always had a home to go back to and call if I wanted.  There really is no place like home for me. So it was never a mystery to me why all E.T. wanted to do was call home. For me, home has always been the place to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment