Friday, January 29, 2016

It feels good to laugh at myself

"You grow up the day you have the first real laugh at yourself." -Ethel Barrymore

Although I don't think I'll ever really grow up at heart, I do laugh at myself at times when I make mistakes. I laugh because it just makes me feel better. A minor example: once I was sitting in the living room with my Dad and I was throwing a ball to our dog and I accidentally  hit my Dad's wine glass.  To put this in context, you have to understand I'm known to have terrible aim most of the time. However, on this one fateful occasion, I hit that glass in such a way that it smashed quite spectacularly everywhere. My Dad and I just stared at it and we both started laughing as we cleaned it all up.  I really believe laughter is the best medicine. I figure if I can have one thing to laugh about each day, then my days aren't really that bad. With this in mind, I carry on.

2 comments:

  1. ASI MISMO ES MAGGIE HERMOSA,,, REIRSE DE UNO MISMO ES SALUDABLE,,,,, ,,, AY QUE REIRSE DE UNO MISMO PARA DISFRUTAR DE TODAS LAS COSAS QUE NOS PASAN,, LA VIDA SE HACE MUCHO MAS DIVERTIDA ,, ADEMAS REIRSE SANA EL ALMA Y EL ESPIRITUD,,, MUY LINDO ESO QUE ESCRIBISTE,, ABRAZOS Y BESOS PARA TI SIEMPRE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASI MISMO ES MAGGIE HERMOSA,,, REIRSE DE UNO MISMO ES SALUDABLE,,,,, ,,, AY QUE REIRSE DE UNO MISMO PARA DISFRUTAR DE TODAS LAS COSAS QUE NOS PASAN,, LA VIDA SE HACE MUCHO MAS DIVERTIDA ,, ADEMAS REIRSE SANA EL ALMA Y EL ESPIRITUD,,, MUY LINDO ESO QUE ESCRIBISTE,, ABRAZOS Y BESOS PARA TI SIEMPRE!!!

    ReplyDelete