Saturday, February 20, 2016

I always liked a good tap dance

I went to see the movie Hail Caesar with a friend tonight which is a movie that spoofs a lot of old movies from the 50's and 60's. What I like best about the movie is that it had a tap dancing sequence. When I was younger I took tap dancing classes which actually were pretty fun. One year I remember the dance group I was with had a recital at a county fair close to our house. (For people who don't know, a county fair is basically a big event where there are lots of performances, music and contests where farmers show off their livestock and fruits, vegetables, and flowers they grow on their farms.) Anyway, performing at the fair was a lot of fun. Since then, I've always liked watching dance sequences in movies and plays. I like tap dancing best because tap dancing becomes part of the music  that's being played along with it. Even though I didn't continue dancing after a time, listening to it and watching it always makes me feel happy. To me there's nothing like watching a good tap dance to cheer me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment