Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A meal is best shared!

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." Virginia Woolf
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/v/virginiawo107352.html

This quote got me thinking about how nice eating a good meal is. My family always made it  a thing to eat dinner together every night and we stuck to that tradition even if it meant we ate later at night in some cases. Anyway, I think one of the best meals I've had was this Chinese Peking Duck dinner my family had one New Year's Eve. We'd gone on vacation to Vancouver and this Peking Duck was really good, so good I can't describe it adequately in words. Afterwards we still had a lot of food left. (I don't know what it is, but dinners at Chinese restaurants always seem to come with enough food to feed a small platoon.) So we took the rest back to the hotel and on the way we saw a homeless man and we decided to leave the package of food with him instead.  I think food is best when it's shared! Happy eating everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment