Monday, March 7, 2016

Happy phone calls/messages

Alexander Graham Bell patented the telephone today in 1876. It got me thinking about happy phone calls and messages I've gotten or made over the years. Here are a few:

  • One year my parents called me up on my birthday and deliberately left me the funniest birthday message of them singing the "Happy Birthday" song to me. It was so funny and I kept it on my phone for ages.
  • When my cousin and other friends call me to tell me they've got engaged.  Those really are the happiest phone calls because they've allowed me to share in their joy and it really is a lovely feeling in every sense. I do a literal happy dance when I hear such news.
  • When I found out my brother and sister got into the colleges they wanted to go to they called me. Education is the best thing to have and the fact that they were going off to study what they wanted to study an be where they wanted to be was a source of joy for me.
  •  When I call friends out of the blue, just because I can, I like hearing how happy they are and hearing about how things are going. They all make me smile.
  • When I called my parents to tell them I got the job I've always wanted, they said they were proud of me. It's not like they haven't said so before, but it's always nice to hear them say that. I've always wanted to make them proud because I'm proud to be their daughter.

These phone calls/messages make me happy that Mr. Graham Bell made the telephone. If only because he made a machine that can spread joy far and wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment