Thursday, April 21, 2016

The power of a good book

"I've never known any trouble than an hour's reading didn't assuage." Arthur Schopenhauer
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes_of_the_day.html

When I was younger it seemed like I always had my nose in a book. Sometimes with certain books I"d lie awake for hours at night just so I could finish the book because I just couldn't wait to finish it. I still like the feeling of escape that books provide. At least for that little while when I was reading I could be someplace else and not think about anything that might be happening in reality. Then when I finished the book I was reading, things didn't seem so bad. My life has been made better by so many good books. I know that if nothing else, I can always find happiness through reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment