Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The language of friendship

"The language of friendship is not words but meanings. Henry David Thoreau
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes_of_the_day.html

I'm very lucky to have really lovely friends. I think Thoreau was right about meanings. For example, my roommate and I have inside jokes and when we say certain phrases to each other we burst out laughing.   It's the meaning that counts. To us those phrases mean laughter and happiness which seem to serve to make so many situations a bit better. Friends make situations so much better in general, everything is more fun with them. Like the days when I managed to gather some friends together to give hugs to random people, they were willing to do that with me and that meant a great deal to me. All I know is my friends mean so much to me. I'm happy when I see them happy. I love them all so very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment