Friday, June 10, 2016

My character

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking."-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/hjacksonb101336.html

Things I've done when I thought no one was looking 

  • Sing in random places.
  • Dance down sidewalks
  • Hugged random people
  • Given chocolate chip cookies to homeless people on the street.
  • Swear!
Some of the things listed above I started out doing when I thought no one was looking. Then I realized most of those things were too much fun to do "in secret" so then I stopped caring about what people would think if I sang or danced or hugged or used profanity. I now have a tendency to dance in public, I hold events where I and other people give hugs to random strangers, and I do swear sometimes very much like a sailor. (For some reason that's very surprising to people, I never figured out why.) All I know is that doing the things listed above made me feel happiest. I never want to be perfect but I do want to be a good and kind human being.  That's how I want to be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment