Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A doughnut memory

I had a piece of a chocolate Long John  doughnut today at an event I attended. (Long John doughnuts are cream filled chocolate doughnuts that are super good.)  Eating it reminded me of when I was really young and my dad used to take me out to get doughnuts for breakfast on random Saturdays. I liked the fact that we didn't get them every Saturday because it was a nice surprise when my Dad would take me in his red MG car and we'd go flying down the road to this family-owned bakery/ diner and get doughnuts. (My dad once worked for McLaren race car company when he was younger. so he's always maintained a passion for old British race cars and driving fast. However, somehow I always feel safe driving with him even if he does drive fast. I think one of my favorite part of our doughnut trip (aside from getting to ride in a fast car with my dad) was to be able to spin around on these red bar stools that revolved and I'd spin around on them until I got dizzy. Most of all, I think I liked the doughnut trips because it was something my dad and I did together. So in a roundabout way, doughnuts remind me of how much I love my dad  and my parents in general and that folks, is my happy thought for the day, courtesy of one piece of a doughnut!

No comments:

Post a Comment