Sunday, September 25, 2016

Congrats to my friend Sofia for some wonderful flute music!

I want to take this opportunity to congratulate my friend Sofia (who plays the flute professionally) for playing some lovely music as part of a church service in Needham, MA. She played four pieces: "The Swan" by Saint Saens, "Bachianas Brasileiras" by Heitor Villa-Lobos numbers 4 and 5, and "Allegro Sonata number 1 Op. E" by Bach. She played beautifully with a lot of feeling. I think what makes music sound so nice in general is the feeling that musicians put into what they play.  My favorite piece she played was the Swan because it's beautiful and it makes me feel at peace when I hear it.  I'm very glad I could go and watch Sofia. Plus, the church where the service was held was a lovely church and everyone was very kind. I also liked the fact that they had a woman speak who was a refugee from Iraq. She was very moving in how she told about her struggles to get to the US. Her story was hopeful because despite the difficulties she faced, she's going to a community college now and hopes to transfer to UMass Lowell. I liked her story because despite all that this women went through, she didn't lose hope and she and her family have a better future here. All in all Sofia and I both had a really nice experience today!

No comments:

Post a Comment