Sunday, October 30, 2016

Pieces of Heaven

"On earth there is no heaven but there are pieces of it."-Jules Renard

To me, a piece of heaven is some place where one feels happiest as well as the things and people in your life that make you feel happiest. Below are some pieces of heaven to me.


  • My friends and family because I don't know where I'd be without them.
  • The house where I grew up in Michigan because I always feel like I truly belonged there.
  • Melrose Massachusetts because I really like living here.  
  • This blog just because every time I write a post I feel happier.
  • Giving and receiving hugs.  I always feel safest when I'm giving or receiving a hug because I somehow am certain that when I am giving or receiving a hug, nothing bad can happen and so far whether it's to do with luck or something else, I've never been proven wrong.
  • My job. I really like the idea that I'm doing something good for someone else. I really enjoy research which is something I do most frequently on the job. Plus, I love the people I work with and that makes all the difference. 
  •  Mangoes, trail mix and egg rolls (not all together of course because that would be gross) -they make me feel good. 
I hope everyone has things in their lives that are little bits of heaven for them because I think people deserve to have things in their lives that are really good. Those are things that make life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment