Friday, December 30, 2016

Believing the best of people

"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble."-Rudyard Kipling
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/rudyardkip161758.html


I like to find something good in everyone. What I like best about people is that everyone has good qualities and finding out about the good things about people increases my faith in humanity and in the good things that people can do. When I sometimes feel down about the state of the world, I think of these good things that people do on  a fairly regular basis (like smiling or holding doors for others or just generally being nice) and thinking of all that gives me hope for the future. As long as people can (and do) keep on doing good things for themselves and other people, the future looks better to me. In that sense, I think we have a lot to be hopeful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment