Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Joy happens

"Joy happens to us when when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are."-Marianne Williamson

I find that as long as I can think of the good things in my life each day, then each day can be a good day. Every good thing that happens to me does give me joy, whether it's that I had good food to eat today or a wore a nice outfit today or that someone held the door for me or I was able to give someone a hug. I think one of the things that gives me the most joy is giving and/or receiving a hug. I know I've written about this before but I can't express how much I feel that for the few seconds I give/receive a hug I feel like nothing bad can happen and I've never yet been proven wrong. Hugs show me how good things really are in my life because they are yet another symbol of how I can love and how I am loved and that is really a cause for joy. My hope is that everyone can find a little bit of joy in each day. In that spirit, the clip below always makes me smile and I hope it has the same effect on others.




No comments:

Post a Comment