Friday, December 16, 2016

Love is Christmas



I heard this beautiful song called "Love is Christmas" by Sara Bareilles today and it really touched my heart. I really like the lyrics that she sings:



"I don’t care if the house is packed
Or the strings of light are broken
I don’t care if the gifts are wrapped
Or there’s nothing here to open
Love is not a toy, and no paper will conceal it
Love is simply joy that I’m home
I don’t care if the carpet's stained we've got food upon our table
I don’t care if it’s gonna rain, our little room is warm and stable
Love is who we are, and no season can contain it
Love would never fall for that
Let love lead us, love is Christmas
Why so scared that you’ll mess it up? When perfection keeps you haunted
All we need is your best my love, that’s all anyone ever wanted
Love is how we do, let no judgment overrule it
Love I look to you, and I sing"

The song really is beautiful and it reminds me of how all that really matters to me during holidays is that I'm with my family, the people I love most. They bring me great joy. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, dear reader, I hope you find things in your life that bring you much joy as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment