"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." Bertrand RussellRead more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes_of_the_day.html
Useless facts really are fun. In that sense maybe they really aren't that useless. Anything that brings enjoyment definitely has a purpose! To that end here are some useless facts for today:
- All polar bears are left handed.
- Elephants use the folds of their skin on their backs to kill mosquitos (If only humans could do that!)
- If too many pistachios are shipped in one container they will heat themselves and spontaneously blow up! (I don't know how many pistachios is too many but I'd be amused to see them blow up-provided it's in a controlled setting of course!)
- "Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
- Shakespeare invented the word "assassination" and "bump."
These facts came from: http://www.viralnova.com/useless-facts/