Sunday, January 15, 2017

I have a dream

Martin Luther King Jr. was born today in 1929 and I can't help thinking of his I Have A Dream speech that he gave in 1963. If I could write such a speech I think I'd write something like this.

I dream one day that:

People would love each other more and hate less because ultimately all we have in life is each other.
People would see each other as being of equal worth.
Everyone would have easier access to the education they need to succeed because knowledge is one of the most empowering things to have.
Everyone would have the healthcare they need because I believe everyone has the right to that.
People could see the happiness around them and be happier for it because happiness is one of the best things there is.

I realize these are just dreams now, but I like to think these things could be realities and that's what I'll work towards. I might not see all of these things happen in my lifetime but I believe these things can happen and that hope sustains me and motivates me to continue to work and work harder towards these goals.



No comments:

Post a Comment