Sunday, April 2, 2017

Fairy Tales

The author Hans Christian Andersen was born today in 1805.  He of course, is famous for writing fairy tales.  I've always felt glad that fairy tales exist, if only because I like the fact that they help children dream. While I know it's not always good to dwell on dreams, it's nice to be able to imagine things. When I was very young, fairy tales really made me believe that anything is possible. Today, although I think possibility have some limits, the idea that I can make dreams realities is still really comforting.  I hope fairy tales continue to be told to children for a long time to come to hopefully show them that so much is possible and it's good to dream! PS: my favorite story that was written by Andersen is The Ugly Duckling. I saw this wonderful musical about his life when I was a child and in it, there's a lovely song called the Ugly Duckling that I still love. I hope others enjoy it as well. I wish everyone a happy Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment