Saturday, June 3, 2017

Dancing 4Joy 2017 to help people with mental health issues

Since the video below makes me feel happy, I want to use this post to revamp my Dance4Joy2017 movement! If you would like to participate please post a video on the Dance4Joy2017 Facebook page. (It doesn't have to be you dancing it can just be a YouTube video of people dancing). If you feel so inclined, you can also donate to a mental health-related organization/cause of your choice in Dance4Joy2017's name. (As I turned 32 this year I'm hoping to raise $3,200 (USD) for mental healthresearch, treatment and programs.) Donations aside, the point of all this is to get people talking about mental health in a more positive way, that would mean so much more to me. If Dance4Joy2017 can accomplish that, even in a small way, I'll consider it a success! To all who read this: if you could spread the word about this movement, I'd be so grateful. Thanks everyone for your support! I send you all lots of love.

Please Note; the video is from quite a while ago and although it is religious, there is a lot of joy and dancing in it and if you watch closely you can see me dancing later on in the video. All I can say is that when I sang with that gospel choir it really felt like God was up there somewhere dancing with us. Whatever religion you are part of or whatever is happening with your life, I hope there's lots of dancing in it! Keep dancing everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment