Sunday, July 16, 2017

My family and ice cream

"My love for ice cream emerged at an early age - and has never left!"-Ginger Rogers
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/gingerroge391697.html

As summer is the season for ice cream, this got me thinking about the first time I remember having ice cream. When I was young my dad used to make me and my brother and sister ice cream "shakes" which really were ice cream with coca cola or some sort of soft drink. My parents got us these really fancy cups that looked like those ice cream cups from the 50's and it always felt really special. When I go back to Michigan now, ice cream is still serious business in my family and we all like going to Michigan State University's dairy store which has always had the best ice cream ever and it's a lot of fun to eat there. It makes summers sweeter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment