Wednesday, August 2, 2017

In support of transgender rights

I was thinking that because transgender people are being targeted more publicly recently, I wanted to see what people thought if I started a campaign to raise money for a charity or organization that promotes transgender rights. The idea I had would just involve people creating Instagram videos of themselves dancing and in the caption they can say they're doing it to raise money for the National Center for Transgender Equality in the US (https://www.transequality.org) and challenge other people to dance as well. I just thought dancing is fun and I always feel safe when I dance. I want transgender people to know that there are people out there who want them to feel safe and accepted as well. 
If you're reading this and think it's a good idea, here's where I need some help:
1-I realize I'm not transgender and so if there's someone who transgender and wants to work on this with me, I'm happy to work as a team.
2-To any musicians out there, if anyone wants to create a song for people to dance to in their videos, I thought that might be fun if people with creative juices feel so inclined.
3-Any ideas on a good name for the campaign?
I'm just ticked off about the way transgender people are treated and  I want do something that might make a difference in the lives of transgender individuals since I'm happiest when I'm helping people. So I welcome any questions, comments, or complaints on this idea. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment