Wednesday, September 6, 2017

On goodness

"The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life."- Jane Addams
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/janeaddams392995.html

The American pioneer social worker Jane Adams was born today in 1860 and I like this quote that she said because as much as I want good things for myself, I find that I always feel better if I'm doing something good for others. It also makes my heart feel good when I see the kind things people do for others. I feel in my heart that each kind thing we do for each other makes the world that much better. While one kind act might seem like a drop in the ocean, I figure that without drops of water there would be no oceans so every little kind act counts and means a great deal to me.

So I wish a very happy Wednesday to everyone who reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment