Sunday, October 1, 2017

One of my favorite musicals

I've always loved musicals and one of my favorites growing up was Mary Poppins. I especially liked the song "A Spoonful of Sugar." I liked it and the scene where Julie Andrews sang it because in the scene she and some children managed to clean a room by snapping their fingers. As cleaning my room was never my biggest strength, I used to dearly wish I could clean it by snapping my fingers. However, because I couldn't snap, that strategy never quite panned out for me, despite my best efforts. Anyway, I still like the song because even though I still can't snap and a spoonful of sugar would make me feel paradoxically sick, I like the idea that something sweet can make something difficult easier. That's why I like smiling so much because it is something sweet that makes life better.


No comments:

Post a Comment