Saturday, December 9, 2017

There''s something about food

My parents came to visit and I love them very much so it's always really nice when they come to visit. One thing I can always count on when they come is they always buying me about a month's worth of food. It doesn't matter that I live next door to a specialty food store, a coffee shop, a gas station that sells snacks, 2 pharmacies that also sell food and that I can walk to another supermarket in about 15 minutes any time I want. There's something about food that's special. I do really appreciate them buying me food. It's yet another way for them to show they love me. It also makes me think of how and why food is such an important part of culture. In the end,  for me, it's not about the making or buying of the food or the amount of food, it's the fact that it can be enjoyed and shared and saved. So wherever you are reading this I hope you had at least one nice meal today and someone  to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment