Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Life is just a bowl of cherries


It's the singer Doris Day's birthday and she sang a song called Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries. I like it because it's all about being happy and seeing the good things that life can bring. This song reminds me of my home where I grew up in Michigan in some ways because Michigan is known for its cherries. Every year there's a cherry festival in July and up in northern Michigan there's a cherry festival and if you drive down some main roads in the northern parts of Michigan people put stands out with bags of cherries and a tin for people to put money in to pay for it.  I like it because the cherries are fresh and taste really good. I also like the fact that (at least when I was younger) people can trust each other enough to leave the cherries out and trust that they will be paid for and enjoyed. So I say, here's to cherries, Michigan and enjoying life!

No comments:

Post a Comment