Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Dogs are great listeners

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."-Christopher Morley

I love dogs, not just because they can be great listeners but also because they're lovable. I love and miss my family's dog who now lives with my parents in Michigan. My parents have a border collie that, in the absence of sheep, the dog herds cars and people instead. If you drive to my parents house he will stand in front of your car and make it move the way he wants your car to move since he knows you don't want to hit him. I also remember him being rather protective of my family. Although he wouldn't hurt anyone really, he would bark like a huge attack dog if someone he didn't know, especially a man he didn't know came to our house. However, as long as you are willing to throw a Frisbee or ball for him, he'll be your friend forever.  Plus he is a good listener. Sometimes I'd wonder what he might say if he could really talk. Then again it's always nice to have someone to listen to you, even if they can't talk back, it's comforting to know you're not alone and that you're loved.  So those are the things I love best about dogs (or at least my parent's dog). 


No comments:

Post a Comment