Monday, March 4, 2013

If one must panic....think of chickens!

One of my favorite movies is Chicken Run which is an animated film about a group of chickens who try to escape from their chicken farm to stop a chicken farmer from making them into chicken pies. ("I don't want to be a pie!" they all shout). It's enough to make a person convert to being vegetarian, although it hasn't yet worked with me. Anyway, the thing I love most about the DVD is on the special features portion of it, there's an icon called "Panic Button" and when you press it you are shown a scene where all these chickens start "panicking" by making loads of noise and flapping about. Sometimes when I'm feeling nervous I think of the panic button and the chickens and the image of it all sometimes makes me laugh so much that I forget to panic. I guess it speaks to the idea that laughter really can be the best medicine. Besides, I feel like every day should have laughter in it just to make it a little brighter. Thus, I hope all your days have a bit of laughter in them!

So if you must panic, take heart!  If you're reading this (unless you're a very smart chicken) most likely you're not a chicken, so you'll never have to escape from a chicken farm-a feat which seems very time consuming and potentially a severe injury causing process! Also, unless you're shipwrecked and held prisoner an island full of man-eaters, you'll never have to worry about being turned into a pie either!  I for one am very glad we live in a human, relatively civilized, and most importantly non man-eating society-especially after watching Chicken Run!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment