Saturday, December 14, 2013

Best gag gifts ever!

Since the holidays are typically times where gag gifts through White Elephant games (gift swaps) at parties. The game usually involves everyone involves people bringing "gifts" (funny ones) wrapped up in pretty paper and putting them in a pile. Everyone takes a number and whoever's number 1 picks a gift from the pile. The next person then has the opportunity to pick another gift or steal person one's gift. (If their gift is stolen, person one takes another gift from the pile.) The game goes on with everyone else either picking or stealing a gift   I've seen/gotten some pretty interesting gifts (especially from the party I just got back from) that I thought I'd share just for the heck of it.  No matter what holidays people celebrate I hope at some point everyone gets to participate in. There's a ton  of laughter involved and you might come out of it with something that's actually nice!.

  • Best gift 1:  A hospital's bedpan. Why is it the best? Once when I was in the hospital a friend came with me. To make me laugh she said something to the effect of: "Maggie, you're going to be billed for so much money for this hospital stay and yet they won't give you a souvenir. I think you should just take one." She picked p a bedpan out of the drawer by my bed and said "I think I'll steal this for you." I started laughing because I didn't think she was serious. Then when I was discharged and she was taking me home she pulled the bedpan out of her bag and said "see, I told you I would!" Fast forward to the next White Elephant gift swap we had and in one of the best wrapped gifts was the bedpan! (Sadly I didn't take a picture but the memory has not left my brain yet!)
  • Best gift 2: A pair of water created boxer shorts. One of the guys in our party tonight got this pair of boxer shorts that were packed in the tiniest vacuum pack bag. When we stuck it in water (as instructed on the package) the shorts expanded to become wearable! 
 
  • Best gift 3: A really cool woven handbag. I actually got this gift at tonight's swap and I like it especially because I was told that the proceeds from buying the bag went to helping refugees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment