Saturday, August 16, 2014

Life should have a little magic in it

I went to see a really nice movie with my family this evening called Magic in the Moonlight. It's all about this man  named Stanley played by Colin Firth who is a magician and surprisingly cynical about it. He is introduced to a woman named Sophie who claims to be so good that she can communicate with the dead and also predict the future.  Stanley sets out to prove that Sophie is a fraud and then finds that she helps him believe in something greater then himself.  I liked the movie not just because it had Colin Firth in it (which was my main reason for going in the first place)   but I also liked the idea that it presented that there is some magic in our lives in terms of things that are unpredictable and those things make life more of an adventure-which is what life is to me.  I like the fact that each day brings a promise of something new and in that way there's something for me to look forward to every day. Magic is nice that way.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment