Saturday, November 5, 2016

Disability Intersectionality Summit

I went to a conference in Boston today about how disability intersects with race, class, ethnicity, gender and many other aspects of our lives. It was really interesting to listen to all the speakers talk about their experiences with having disabilities and being activists in working to promote the rights of people with disabilities. I learned a great deal from the event. Particularly how the disability advocacy movement needs to be more diverse.  I think what I like best about the conference was how many different perspectives of disability were represented. It also reinforced to me how people with disabilities are a really diverse community and everyone's voice needs to be included as we build a stronger movement by working together!

No comments:

Post a Comment