Thursday, January 29, 2015

My favorite Shakespeare quotes

Historians think that Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet was first performed today in 1595. I always liked Shakespeare's plays. I may not have understood everything about them but I do like them nonetheless. In that spirit I thought I'd share some of my favorite Shakespeare quotes


  • "I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest." -Beatrice to Benedict from the play "Much Ado About Nothing. I like the quote because hearts should be so full of love that there's no space left for anything else.
  • "We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life is rounded with a sleep." Prospero from the play "The Tempest. I feel like, at least in the case of my life, I've got a lot of dreams and my goal is to reach them before my life is rounded with a sleep!
  • Juliet: My bounty is as boundless as the sea. My love is deep! The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite!" from the play "Romeo and Juliet. I've found that the more love I give the more love comes back to me and consequently the more I can keep on loving!
  • "As merry as the day is long." -Beatrice-Much Ado About Nothing-That's how I want to live!
  • "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts."-Jaques from the play "As You Like It" I do like this quote because I think everyone grows and plays many parts in life-I think that's what makes living fun!
  • "Give every man thine ear, but few thy voice."-Polonius from the play Hamlet- Speak for yourself! 



No comments:

Post a Comment