Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Awesomeness In All Of Us

I saw this video (click here) where this little girl sings "Respect" by Aretha Franklin-what I love about it is when she proclaims "I am amazing!" I like how she says it just as one would say "I have brown hair" or something like that. It got me thinking how there is an awesomeness inside all of the things we are and the things we do well. I think we should recognize those traits in us and be proud of them. I really believe that people have the capacity to do so many awesome things and I think that that should be celebrated. Even if the celebration  just involves standing in front of a mirror and saying to oneself "I'm a great person, I can do great things and that's awesome and now I have to get out there and do it!"-I think that's a celebration speech worth giving yourself.  Somehow this mantra has helped to motivate me to get out there and help where I can. After all, only  you can use your talent to do things and make changes for the better and I hope reading this helps inspire you to think of ways to use the talent to help people in some way.

In any case, I believe in you dear reader and I hope you find the awesomeness I know is in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment