Thursday, June 18, 2020

We'll meet again

I saw this lovely video online today of all these essential workers and servicemen and women singing "We'll Meet Again" which is a song that was made famous by the British singer Dame Vera Lynn Watching the video was bittersweet today because she died today at 103 years old.

I know she was really old and everyone has their time but I'm sad she's gone. She made so many people in the UK and especially in the armed forces in World War II feel better and more hopeful. They started playing this song again more recently because of COVID 19 and just like back in the war it seems to really boost morale. Seeing this video made me feel better somehow because it reminds me that no matter what people still unite even in distance and there is always hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment