Thursday, December 24, 2020

A dream

 

When there’s no more pandemic and when I’m old and wonderfully wrinkly I fully intend to establish a bookshop called Granny Maggie’s Books. It’ll be one of those bookshops that looks like a couple of libraries exploded into it and only I’d know where everything is (I’d want people to be able to experience the books without having to bother about silly labels or subject guides.) I’d want my bookshop to have so many books there’d be only one path in and out of the place. It’ll probably wind up being a sort of library/book exchange shop where you could only get a book if you brought one with you when you came to get a book. 
 
I realize this is a rather odd Christmas Eve post but I figure Christmas Eve is a time for dreaming so there you are. Anyway, I wish everyone very happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment